10 January 2011

Planning already

Well not much has happened since my last post but I thought I would update a few things that I have done towards the holiday so far.

I was having a nosey on ebay last week and saw a man who calls himself Mr Brit who is a travel writer and has produced a CD ROM PACKED with information about Orlando. It was on a special offer at £7.99 so I thought, why not! I bought the disc and it came the next morning. The amount of information on the disc is amazing and I haven't been able to put it down! It's taken me nearly 3 days to read it all. I have been to Orlando once before but this disc gives so much information and tips that I didn't know before. I would thoroughly recommend buying a copy. Especially if you have never been before.

I have decided that we are not going to take advantage of the car seat hire for Amelia that comes with the platinum insurance through Virgin. Apparenly they are really tatty and dirty. So I have bought a car seat bag and also a buggy bag, both from Kiddicare.com so that I can put her car seat and buggy on the plane without them getting damaged.

My other little purchase this week for our trip is my favourite. I bought Amelia a Little Life Lady bird back pack! It is soooooo cute. I can't wait till she can wear it. It's just big enough for a drink bottle/sippy cup, baby wipes, snacks, etc and has a little hood in a pocket which has eyes on it! It's adorable!





I worked out 330 days before our flight home to be 20th January, so we can book our flights on that date! I can't wait! Looks like we'll be flying on a new Airbus 330-300 which are being released in April.

We went to my Parents' house for dinner on saturday and we were talking about Orlando. My Dad loved the Mr Brit CD ROM, especially the parts about where to eat! He also said he would pay for the pool heating so that's a bonus and something else we won't have to pay out.

I have a HUGE piggy bank that was given to Amelia when she was born and we have put it in the kitchen to save all our loose change for spending money. I have taped up the bottom with a sign on saying "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL 30th November 2011" so that we won't be tempted to dip into it. I have also put some ££ notes in which my DH doesn't know about! Got a feeling we might have to smash the piggy bank to get them out! I didn't think of that when I put them in!

I have been making notes of Mr Brit's tips and have a list of places and restaurants I want to try. I will add these on later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.