12 January 2011

Change of Accomodation Plans

Yesterday I was looking through the Virgin brochure at the villa we've booked and came across a page that I had not seen before. It was a page listing all the Orlando villa resorts and their specifications with a tick list of what's included in each resort.

When I looked at Calabay Parc's specification I noticed that it didn't have a spa whirlpool (jacuzzi); something Paul had set his heart on. He and my Dad were really looking forward to cracking open a few beers and sitting in the spa, bubbling away and relaxing after a hard day at the parks. Men are simple creatures aren't they?!

So I looked at the other Villas which offered a spa whirlpool and there were only 3 that offered one in their specifications; Emerald Island, Tuscan Hills and Windsor Hills. I did a lot of research and even looked at them all on Google Earth to see where they were. In the end I thought Emerald Island would suit our needs best. It was closer to the parks, it is a gated community, has a clubhouse with loads of amenities and it also has 4 bedrooms, so Oliver and Amelia will have their own rooms. Paul called Virgin who told him it will cost an extra £230, plus an extra £35 admin fee He said he would talk it over with me and get back to them.

We've been umming and ahhing over it all day and all last night. I sent links to the Emerald Island website to my Mum and Dad who fell in love with it and they called me this evening and said that if we upgrade to a villa there, they will pay half . Paul is at work but is going to phone Virgin back tomorrow and book it!

Getting more excited now! I keep looking at it on Google Earth and it looks lovely. It's completely surrounded by woodland and lakes. Some of the lakes looked a bit swampy on the satellite image! I'm hoping there are no alligators in there, or bears in the woods! Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.