27 May 2010

Seaworld 2009

Seaworld was the park I was looking forward to the most, so we went there on our first day.  I love animals and sealife and couldn't wait to get through the gates! I remember as we walked from the car park thinking how hot it was.  It felt like I was literally melting!  I have only ever been to Spain and Tenerife, but the heat didn't even compare to those countries.  Apparently it was 90% humidity!


Paul and Oliver at the entrance of Seaworld
 I was really looking forward to riding Manta which had not long opened when we went.  Unfortunately Oliver was scared of rollercoasters at the time and refused to go on it, so Paul and I missed out too.  I managed to get a picture though!
Manta!

The dolphin show was fantastic!
 We had a fantastic first day.  The shows were amazing, especially Clyde and Seamore and the mime who entertained the guests whilst filling the auditorium.  The Believe show was also fantastic. I love killer whales and had a tear in my eye watching them.  There were so many animals there.  From penguins and puffins (my favourite birds) so sting rays, sharks and dolphins!  I felt a bit sorry for the polar bear who looked really sad and was fast asleep.

Not a bad photo if I do say so myself!

Believe show at Seaworld
As we were making our way back to the car park we saw a baby vulture just sitting on the side of the lake.  This was just one of the many wild animals we saw in Florida.  There was a racoon in the car park of our hotel, a lizard on the tree near the entrance and hundreds of them in Universal Studios, tame squirrels in the parks, a dead armadillo on the side of the I-4 and as we were driving one morning I saw what I thought was a big tyre on the side of the road.  However as we approached it in the car I realised it was a massive tortoise!  It pulled its head in really quick as we drove past.

A wild baby vulture sitting on the edge of the lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.