11 May 2015

Dressing Up Disney


One of the things I love most about planning a Disney trip, is making clothes for my Daughter. We do love a bit  Disney bounding and I love making her dresses themed to each of the theme parks, or a particular character meal we might be having.

Here's the ones I made her last year for our November 2014 trip.

I made this Cinderella inspired dress for her to wear for her Bibbidi Bobbodi Boutique experience at Magic Kingdom. The dresses they sell in the parks are known for being itchy and uncomfortable, so I wanted her to have something practical, but pretty at the same time. We would also be visiting Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch afterwards, so this style was just perfect.




I added some ric rac to the bodice. The skirt was extra full for twirling and I also added a cute carriage applique which also coordinated with the matching drawstring bag I made her to keep her hair brush in.






Captivated by Cinderella


I just love the flutter sleeves on this style

Lots of Mum points earnt today!


I actually made this Rapunzel dress for a birthday party that we were invited to, but we also took it t Disney with us. This is the same style as the Cinderella one with the flutter sleeves again, but this time I created flutters in alternating pink/lilac stripes to imitate Rapunzel's puff sleeves. The pink fabric has a gorgeous shimmer to it.

I added some ribbon detail to the bodice and ric rac on the skirt to accentuate the two fabric types and then finished off with a Pascal applique. I did also add some white lace just underneath the bodice after taking this photo which really finished it nicely.



As you can see, I just love this pattern! But for the Snow White dress, I made it with a not-so-full skirt. Again, I added ric rac to the bodice, some striped flutter sleeves again and some nice lace detail on the hem. My favourite thing about this dress though is the apple buttons at the back! My Daughter wore this for our ADR at Akershus in Epcot. Snow White loved it!




This was one of the first dresses I made; inspired by Minnie mouse, this shirred dress is perfect for the hot Floridian weather. The tie straps are adjustable which makes them great for two more years. I added a Minnie applique and some ric rac to the contrasting hem.



One of my favourites is this shirred dress, inspired by Animal Kingdom. It certainly wins the competition for longest time taken to sew! It is made up of over 20 individual panels in various animal prints which I sewed together. I added a contrasting zebra print hem, a mouse head applique and some cute leopard print buttons at the bottom of the fixed straps. We received so many lovely comments about it in the park.





Another favourite of mine is this shirred chevron dress inpsired by Duffy Bear. We just love him and couldn't wait to see him in Epcot again.  The cast members loved it and showed it to Duffy who stroked the applique of himself and gave her a hug. So cute!



We had an ADR at Hollywood and Vine for our second morning in Disney World, so I made another shirred dress with flutter sleeves with this lovely Doc McStuffins print. It went down very well in the park.



I had some of this fabric left over, so I also made these cute ruched shorts with ribbon ties and a coordinating T-shirt.



Another cute set I made her was this Cinderella print skirt with shimmery pink contrasting hem and a matching top with applique heart.





We were very fortunate to be visiting when Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party was on, so of course, she had to have a Christmas dress! I had this print imported from the USA and she received soooo many comments about it!
 

I know these next two aren't Disney, but we also visited Univeral Studios and Island of Adventure, so Thing One and Thing Two and Minions were a must!






I think I need to book another trip so I can make her more! I have lots of ideas bursting out of my sketch book!

All images copyright Little Sugar Plums 2014.
www.facebook.com/prettyplumsboutique



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.