10 June 2011

Disney Summertime

This week's Disney Blog hop theme is Disney Summer time.  Quite fitting for us as next summer we will be in Disney!  I can't wait!! 

I went shopping in Asda last week and they have some really lovely Disney summer clothes for Children. I couldn't help getting Amelia a little Minnie Mouse swim suit.

She will look so cute in it, walking around Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach!  It will also keep her safe from the sun which is an added bonus.

We went to London on Wednesday to see Peter Kay at the O2 arena.  It didn't start until 7:30pm and we got into London at 12pm, so we had a few hours have a look around. Our first stop was Oxford Street to see the new Disney Store that opened in May 2011.  It is the largest Disney Store in Europe and it set out over two floors. When you walk in there's an amazing 28 foot high castle which you go through to get downstairs. The floor is glittery and the whole place is just magical More information about the store can be found here.


There were so many toys in there that I have never seen in any of the Disney Stores closer to where I live.  They had huge Special Agent Oso cuddly toys which Amelia loves and I could have spent a fortune on the clothes in there for her.  I particuarly loved this swimming costume which I may be tempted to buy for her in the future.



The merchandise in the store is widely catered for tourists and there are many London themed toys and collectibles, such as Mickey Mouse's dressed as Palace Guards and "I love London" Mickey mouse T-shirts, etc.

There was even a huge Mickey and Donald dressed as Palace Guards which Paul and I took photos of each other standing next to.


Me and Donald

Paul and Mickey

Here is a You Tube video of a tour of The Disney Store for those who may consider going there.


1 comment:

  1. I love the Minnie Mouse swimsuit! Its so cute. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.